There will be security screening and metal detectors at all points of entry for the 2016 San Francisco Pride Celebration and festival, scheduled for Saturday, June 25 from 12:00 Noon to 6:00 PM and Sunday, June 26 from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM at San Francisco’s Civic Center. Bags are highly discouraged, and no bags over 18” x 18” will be admitted. Everyone attending the Celebration must pass through the screening process. All items will be subject to inspection at the entry gates, and there are no lockers for storage of oversized bags.
Attendees and participants at the 2016 SF Pride Celebration are strongly encouraged not to bring bags and only soft bags no larger than 18” x 18” will be admitted. Any bags and purses that are brought must be in compliance with the 18” x 18” bag policy. All items will be subject to inspection at the entry gates, and there are no lockers for storage of oversized bags.
- Soft bags with a maximum size of 18” x 18”
- Authorized animals, such as guide dogs, assisting those with disabilities
- Any bag over 18” x 18” in size
- Coolers or containers of any type
- Glass bottles of any kind
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Firearms, fireworks & explosives
- Dangerous weapons including any type of edged weapon to include knives, impact weapons and electric pulse weapons
- Stunning devices
- Shopping carts
- Radios, walkie-talkies, jammers, scanners
- Portable speakers
- Hazardous and toxic materials
- Any item deemed inappropriate or hazardous by law enforcement and/or security
There will be a significant police presence at all Pride activities in the city, with both uniformed and plainclothes officers on duty to monitor the events. Safety is everyone’s responsibility, including participants, organizers, security staff and law enforcement. In the event of an emergency Dial 911. Look out for one another and report any suspicious persons or activity to event staff or a police officer. If you see something, say something.